Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc Graduate recruitment, May, 2017(UPDATED)
We are recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
Job Title: Customer Relations Officer
- To effectively coordinate the distribution of IBEDC’s customer bills and facilitate revenue collection.
- Meter reading and management of meter reading books
- Handling of service connection like application
- Detecting illegal service connection
- Pursuing the collection of bad debts
- Disconnection/ reconnection
- Explaining estimated billings
- Explaining sensitive issues such as tariff changes
- Reporting faulty/ defective meters
- Legalizing non-registered consumers
- Disseminating load shedding schedules
- Other commercial functions
- Embarks on field trips to read customer meters for capture on approved billing/reading sheets and liaises with relevant departments to generate customer bills
- Distributes customer bills within required timeframe – ensures timely and effective distribution of customer bills
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers to ensure high customer satisfaction
- Identifies prospective customers (unregistered customers, new businesses, etc.) and ensures they are adequately captured in the customer database
- Attends to customer queries/complaints on the field and escalates to proper channels to ensure such complaints are captured and addressed accordingly
- Assist in meeting revenue targets for Business hubs – participates in revenue collection activities according to company policies and stipulated regulations to meet set revenue targets
- Escalates revenue leakage issues to the relevant departments when identified e.g. illegal connections, tampering of meters, etc.
- Keeps abreast of market trends and supplies management with insights on customer needs, problems, interests and innovative ways for service delivery
- Get customers both old and new on metering including the CAPMI scheme.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A good Bachelor/OND or equivalent in any field. Social Sciences, Arts, Administration is preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in a marketing role (esp. field based distribution)
- Understanding of the business of IBEDC and related businesses in the electricity sector
- Strong Customer Relation Management skills
- Knowledge of billing/collection practices, procedures
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite and relevant billing applications utilized by IBEDC
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal, persuasion, negotiation and communications skills
- Good analytical and numerical skills with the proven ability to pay attention to detail.
- Goal Oriented.
Job Title: Performance Analyst
- Identify areas of improvements and concerns in business operational areas and provide appropriate action plans.
- Develop and implement performance metrics to improve business operational efficiency
- Daily collation, analysis and circulation of Collection data
- Update of IBEDC Commercial performance database
- Assist in coordinating quarterly, monthly or weekly performance review meetings
- Liaise with field personnel and other departments for collation of routine and ad-hoc reports.
- Render technical support to branch hub managers and other commercial personnel to drive business development by communicating key insights and findings
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Preparation and in-depth analysis of weekly and monthly performance reports for IBEDC and its various regions and hubs
- Stand in for your line supervisor in meetings and other events
- Any other assignment assigned by your line supervisor and the departmental head.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A good Bachelor Degree in Statistics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field from a recognized institution
- At least 3 – 5 years post NYSC experience in Analytics or performance Metrics.
- A working knowledge of electrical engineering will be an advantage
- Ability to relate with senior level management with ease
- Display strong initiatives and ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and occasional long hours
- Solid and demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite skills especially in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- A sound analytical mind with the ability to grasp the greater picture with ease Sound presentation skill
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
- Experience in analysing data to draw business-relevant conclusions will be an advantage.
Job Title: Technical Support Officer
- To ensure the smooth running of computer systems, applications and services across the organisation
- Installs and configures computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitors and maintains computer systems and networks
- Follows written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
- Supports the roll-out of new applications – tests and evaluates new technology
- Conducts electrical safety checks on computer equipment
- Performs hands-on fixes at the desktop level; including installing and upgrading software, creating file back-ups, configuring systems and applications, replacing parts as required, etc.
- Helps staff or clients to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Maintains proper records including procedural documentation, relevant performance reports; managing stocks of equipment, consumables and other supplies, maintaining records of software licenses, etc.
- Troubleshoots system and network problems and diagnoses/solves hardware or software faults
- Reports incidents and problems (as required) to the Service Desk for escalation to appropriately skilled/ experienced support staff
- Sets up new users’ accounts and profiles and deals with password issues
- Establishes good working relationships with customers and other professionals, e.g., software developers
- IT Policy Implementation
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related areas
- Possession of the following certification is recommended: ITIL, Comptia A+, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (Win 7)
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, MCSE, MCP, and CCNA, as well as Server Administration and support, is desirable
- At least 5+ years of experience in supporting end users including the range of technologies used such as desktop computers, printers, IP phones, local area networks, productivity applications, etc.
Functional Competence Requirements
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware
- Experience with Microsoft based Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 7 and Windows, XP 8) Windows 10
- Extensive application and infrastructure support experience
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities/ Systems analysis
- Ability to troubleshoot/ research into a wide range of technology issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills presentation
- Good knowledge of the following technology & applications – LAN technologies, Office productivity tools, End User Computing Devices (Desktop Computers/ Laptops, Printers, IP Phones, etc.), Windows OS, SAP
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 30th May, 2017.